SYNK Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY
Synk, LLC. (“Synk”) is willing to provide you access to and use of its remote restaurant ordering system, technology, and related services described on the Synk.delivery website (“Services”) only on the condition that you accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this Synk User Agreement (“Agreement”).
By clicking on the "Pay" button, You are signing this Agreement and You acknowledge that You have read this Agreement, understand it and agree to be legally bound by its terms and conditions. If you do not agree to any of the terms below, Synk is unwilling to provide the services to you, and you should not click on “Pay” button, but instead you should leave the website or mobile application to discontinue the registration process. This Agreement shall be effective when you click the “Pay” button.
1. Services. Subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Synk will provide the Services to you. In general, once food is purchased from the site, the Merchant is solely responsible for the quality of the delivered product and the method for which it is delivered. Issues with product delivery or quality should be addressed directly to the Restaurant.
1.1 Test Period. You understand that Synk is still developing and testing the Services through the alpha and beta testing periods (“Testing Period”), and as such the Services may still have bugs, may not be error free, and may not operate as intended. The Services will allow you to order Products (as defined below), from participating merchants (“Merchants”), to be delivered to the designated location at the designated time via the Internet, SMS messaging, or Mobile Application.
1.2 Eligibility. To register for Services, you must be at least 18 years old, be a U.S. resident, and be able to enter into legally binding contracts in the state in which you reside, and you hereby represent you meet those qualifications.
1.3 License; Restrictions. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Synk grants you a non-transferable, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, royalty-free license to access and use the Service for your internal, person, non-commercial purpose of ordering and paying for Products (defined below). In connection with your access to or use of the website or the Services, or in the course of your interactions with Synk, you will not: (a) violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation; (b) infringe Synk’s or any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (c) act in a manner that is defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing; (d) provide false, inaccurate or misleading information; (e) refuse to cooperate in an investigation or provide confirmation of your identity or any information you provide to Synk; (f) take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Synk infrastructure; (g) transmit or facilitate the transmission of any viruses, Trojan horses, worms or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or Service; (h) reverse engineer the Synk software or Service.
1.4 Availability of Services. You acknowledge and agree that (i) the availability of SMS, mobile data networks, and the Internet may affect your ability to use the Services, (ii) delivery of SMS messages and availability of web-based browsing is not guaranteed, (iii) the Services may differ depending on the Carrier with whom you maintain an account and that Carrier’s ability to support the Services, (iv) Synk is not responsible for the act or omission of any Carrier (including failure to deliver any communication to Synk or a provider of any Product in timely fashion), any limitations imposed by such Carrier, or such Carrier’s ability or inability to support the Services, (v) Synk is not responsible for any limitations of the Internet, (vi) Synk is not responsible for any error made by you in using the Services, and (vii) Synk is not responsible and will not be liable for any inability to access or use the Services, or any errors, non-conformities, or other problems with the Services, arising from, related to, or caused in whole or in part by any event, circumstance, act or omission outside of Synk’s control. Because the Service is provided to you during the Testing Period, remember there may be bugs and glitches to work out. So, the Services may not be provided to you error free or as represented.
1.5 Modification of Services. Synk reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the Services from time to time and without notice, including by changing features or functions in the Service, or removing, adding, or modifying Products and/or third-party vendors from the Product Menu. Synk shall have no liability to you for any modification or discontinuation of the Services. If you object to any such changes, your sole recourse shall be to cease using the Services.
1.6 Unauthorized Use of Services. You acknowledge and agree that the Services are for your non-commercial (e.g., not for your or any other party’s profit), personal use only. You acknowledge and agree that you may not distribute, sell, resell, interfere with or exploit for any commercial purposes any portion of the Services, or any Products accessible through the Services. Synk is not liable for any claims, actions, damages, or other liability incurred as a result of any unauthorized use of your account or the Services, and you agree to be fully liable for any such unauthorized access. You may not attempt, or authorize, encourage, or support others’ attempts, to circumvent, reverse engineer, decrypt, break (e.g. by inputting viruses or other harmful programming routines) or otherwise alter or interfere with the Services.
1.8 Merchants; Product Pricing. Participating Merchants are subject to change, and are not guaranteed to be available at all times. Synk does not assume responsibility or liability for the actions, products, locations or content of any Merchant. You acknowledge and agree that Synk is not responsible for the pricing of the Products, and the Merchants are solely responsible for setting the prices for Products, and pricing may change at any time without notice.
1.9 Transactions. You may view your recent transactions and your current account balance by logging into your account on the website. You may dispute any charges in writing by email to support@Synk.delivery. Disputes must be logged within 15 days of the transaction to become eligible for resolution.
1.10 Your Account. You will be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your log-in credentials, as well as the information in your account. You will be solely responsible and liable for any and all access to and use of the Service (including all activities, orders, and transactions) by you or any other person, including, but not limited to unauthorized access to your account or unauthorized use of the Service. You must immediately notify Synk if you have reason to believe that there has been an unauthorized transaction from your account or unauthorized use of the Services from your account. Synk reserves the right to contact you via the email address you provide to Synk to send you invoices and to request your comments and feedback regarding the Service.
2. Pricing and Payment. In general, pricing is determined by the merchants and payment is accomplished through Stripe.
2.1 Pricing. Synk does not guarantee against pricing errors. Synk reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to not process or to cancel any orders placed, including, without limitation, if the price was incorrectly posted on the Site. If this occurs, Synk will attempt to notify you by email. In addition, Synk reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to correct any error in the stated retail price of the Restaurant Offering or Product.
2.2 Payment, Fees, and Billing. All financial transactions will be completed using Stripe. Products purchased and delivered are subject to applicable taxes in the appropriate state and those taxes will be added at checkout. An e-commerce processing fee will also be added at checkout. There will be no delivery fees assessed and/or tipping will not be expected at the time of delivery.
Promo codes may become available for discounted purchases and can be applied at checkout. Unless otherwise stated, restaurant or restaurant chain coupons not associated with the Synk Site will not be honored for on line food delivery. Restaurant gift cards cannot be used as a form of payment on the Synk site.
Occasionally there may be an error or omission related to the pricing of advertised Products. We will use reasonable efforts to correct any pricing errors or omissions as soon as practicable after learning of them. We reserve the right to change, modify, substitute, suspend or remove without notice any pricing information related to Products for sale. If there was a pricing error or omission and you have already purchased a Product: (i) if the actual price of the Product is less than the stated price at the time of purchase, we will charge you the lower price; or (ii) if the actual price of the Product is higher than the stated price, we will contact you and allow you the option to pay the correct (higher) price or cancel your order and receive a refund.
2.3 In addition, standard text rates apply, and you are responsible for paying all fees charged by your Carrier in connection with your use of your Device or the Services. You acknowledge and agree that these rates depend on the applicable Carrier and your personal subscription package with that Carrier.
3. Food Delivery. Customer contact information may be provided to merchants. Customers are encouraged to contact the restaurant directly should complications arise with the delivery process. Although every effort will be made to ensure food delivery at the specified times, delivery times are only estimates; they are not guaranteed delivery times and should not be relied upon as such. In the unlikely event that the restaurant needs to cancel an order before your Products are delivered, we will attempt to notify you at the email address that is registered with your account. When Products are delivered to the delivery address at the specified time, the user will have up to 15 minutes from the stated delivery time to claim their food. Failure to claim the food order within the 15 minute window will indicate that the person no longer desires the food that he/she has paid for.
4. Food Acceptance. Delivery personnel will disperse food to individuals who provide the correct name and unique order number combination that was provided at checkout. The delivery personnel may also ask for order details to further ensure accurate delivery.
5. Delivery Complications. Once food is purchased from the site, the Restaurant is solely responsible for the quality of the delivered product and the method for which it is delivered. Any issues with product delivery or quality should be addressed directly to the Restaurant.
7. Termination. Synk may suspend your ability to use the Services or may terminate this Agreement effective immediately and without notice to you if (a) Synk receives repeated faulty orders for Products in connection with your account, including but not limited to the use of erroneous or spoof SMS orders or duplicate requests for Products; (b) you fail to make timely payment of any amounts when due; or (c) Synk reasonably believes you have violated this Agreement. After any suspension or termination, you may be required to respond to an authenticating message to reactivate your account and/or pay a reactivation fee. YOU AGREE THAT Synk SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT OR OF YOUR ACCESS TO THE SERVICES. You may terminate this Agreement and discontinue your participation in and access to the Services at any time by delivering notice to Synk at support@Synk.delivery or canceling the Service as described on the splicik•it website. Upon termination of this Agreement for any reason, your right to use the Service shall immediately cease, and you shall stop all use of the Service, and all amounts owed by you to Synk as of the effective date of termination will become immediately due and payable. Sections 2, 3, 4, 5 6, 7, 8, 10, and 11 shall survive termination or expiration of this Agreement for any reason. Please keep in mind that all fees paid to Synk are nonrefundable.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. Synk EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Synk MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE. Synk MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY DEALINGS WITH OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO WITH ANY OTHER PARTIES THROUGH THE SERVICES.
9. Limitation of Liability. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. SYNK WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY PRODUCTS YOU OBTAIN OR FAIL TO OBTAIN THROUGH USE OF THE SERVICES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL Synk OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), WARRANTY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. THE PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE TERMS OF THIS SECTION 6 REFLECT THE ALLOCATION OF RISK SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT AND THAT THE PARTIES WOULD NOT ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT THESE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF Synk TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE WEB SITE OR THE SERVICES IS LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100). Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations and disclaimers may not apply to you. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit its liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of our liability shall be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
10. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Synk, its agents, employees, representatives, licensors, affiliates, officers, directors, and partners, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses, fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs) resulting or arising from any third-party claim in connection with (a) any information you (or anyone accessing the Services using your password) submit or transmit through the Services, (b) your use of or access to the Services, (c) your violation of this Agreement, or (d) your violation of any rights of any third party.
11. Intellectual Property. The Services and the website contain or comprise intellectual property that is owned by Synk and/or its licensors, including without limitation the trademark “Synk” and related logos and images. All such material is protected by relevant intellectual property laws, including trademark, copyright and/or trade secret laws. Without limiting anything herein, the material may not be used, copied, modified, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, sold, offered for sale, publicly performed, publicly displayed, or redistributed in any way without the prior written permission of Synk any applicable third-party entity. You must abide by all intellectual property notices, information or restrictions contained in this Agreement, the Synk.delivery website or attached to any communication between you and Synk.
12. Modification of Agreement. This Agreement may be amended from time to time. If Synk amends, supplements, or modifies this Agreement, it will provide you notice by email. If you object to any such changes, your sole recourse shall be to cease using the Services and terminate this Agreement within 30 days after the earlier to occur of: (i) delivery of the notice email to your email address, (ii) posting of any such changes to the website, or (iii) having you agree to the changes on the website. Your continued use after that date shall indicate your acknowledgment of such changes and agreement to be bound by the revised Agreement, inclusive of such changes. This version of the Agreement will be effective immediately for any user who registers for the Service on or after that date. The term “Agreement” will include all subsequent amendments.
13. FORCE MAJEURE. Neither party is in breach of this Agreement for any cessation, interruption, or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder (other than payment obligations) due to causes beyond its reasonable control including, without limitation: earthquake, flood, fire, storm, or other natural disaster, act of God, labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, acts or threats of terrorism, disruption of the public markets, war, or armed conflict.
14. Miscellaneous. This Agreement and the relationship between you and Synk shall be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado, without giving effect to any choice of laws or principles that would require the application of the laws of a different country or state. Any legal action, suit, or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or your use of the Services, must be instituted exclusively in the federal or state courts located in Denver, Colorado and in no other jurisdiction. You further consent to personal jurisdiction and venue in, and agree to service of process issued or authorized by, any such court. Synk may provide you with notices by email or by posting changes on the Synk.delivery website. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and that the other provisions of this Agreement remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Services or this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. The Agreement constitutes the entire, exclusive and final statement of the agreement between you and Synk with respect to the subject matter herein, superseding any prior agreements or negotiations between you and Synk with respect to the Services. You may not transfer or assign any rights or obligations you have under this Agreement without Synk’s prior written consent. Synk reserves the right to transfer or assign this Agreement or any right or obligation under this Agreement at any time. You agree that Synk may provide notice to you by posting it on our website or emailing it to the email address listed in your account profile. Such notice shall be considered to be received by you within 24 hours of the time it is posted to our website or emailed to you unless we receive notice that the email was not delivered. Except as otherwise stated in this Agreement, notice to Synk must be sent by postal mail to: Synk Delivery, LLC.
Last Modified: September 9, 2017